This is because the famous bread originated from a need to turn to innovation when early Filipino bakers were looking for a cheaper option for flour. Pandesal, in turn, was originally made from wheat flour. Additionally, American wheat soon became more affordable than rice in the 1900s. And so this bread and other recipes that largely made use of wheat grew in popularity.
Commercial yeast, canned dairy, and baking pans also became cheaper to produce. This is because of the massive population of American immigrants in the earlier part of the 20th century. This only helped increase the demand for pandesal.
- 4 cups of Flour
- Cheese for fillings
- ¼ cup of butter
- 2 pcs. Eggs
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Yeast powder
- Pandesal bread crumbs for coating
- 1 cup of Evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cup of water
- Prepared all ingredients.
- In the mix bowl add the 1 ½ cup of water, 1 cup of milk, yeast, eggs, salt, sugar, butter and add flour gradually then mix well until to make a dough.
- Use your clean hands to effectively mix the ingredients.
- Form the dough into a ball and lightly coat with oil. Place it in a bowl and cover with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and place it in a warm area and let it rise until it doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and divide into 2 equal parts using a knife or dough slicer.
- Shape each piece into a ball and add the cheese then roll it in breadcrumbs, completely covering all sides.
- Arrange the pieces on a baking sheet.
- While waiting, preheat oven 370° F /185°C. Bake the Pandesal for 15 minutes or until the sides are a bit browned.
- Serve while hot with coffee!
Easy Related Posts
Original style of Ilocos Empanada (Negosyo Recipe)
https://youtu.be/lzwS2exKiE4 Ingredients: Empanada Dough 2 cups of rice flour 1 cup water 2 tbsp atsuete seeds ...read more
New Recipes (Easy Bake Puto Bumbong)
https://youtu.be/WGMaZEPHOh8 Ingredients: ½ kilo of Glutinous Flour 2 tbsp. violet food color 1 and 1/2 cup ...read more
How to Make Kalabasa Dunot Recipe (Healthy Meryenda)
https://youtu.be/LFpiJtsZ1zk Ingredients: ½ whole slice of Kalabasa 1 cup of Powder milk 1 cup Sugar 2 ...read more
Nilupak na Saging na may Royal Soda at Peanut Butter
https://youtu.be/nVl7cnl-r4Y Ingredients. 30 pcs Boiled Saba (Banana) 1/4 kg Sugar 1 bottle Royal Soft drinks 1/4 ...read more