Meat and fried dishes are not the choices of food for those who watches their diet. Well, some people don’t just enjoy the food with the thinking that they might gain weight. And so, here is a recipe good with less fat and carbohydrates. Try this colorful, full of vegetables chopsuey that is more health sense than greasy, fat-ladaen, albeit so-so good meat dishes. The word chopsuey literally means ‘assorted pieces’, that is a delightful mix of bite-size vegetables and meat in a starch-thickened sauce. Quick to cook, it only requires some stir-fry cooking technique, however, you can go on the extra step of parboiling vegetables. One tips to maintain the vibrant colors of the vegetables and ensure it even while cooking is to blanch vegetables in boiling salted water and then shocking them in ice bath. Try it on your next meal, and be worried-free on your weight.
- 1/4 kilo pork, sliced into small pieces
- 1/4 kilo shrimps, shelled, deveined and halved
- 1/4 kilo chicken liver and gizzard, sliced to small pieces
- 1/4 kilo cauliflower, broken to bite size
1/4 kilo string beans
- 1/4 kilo snow peas (sitsaro)
- 1/4 kilo cabbage, cut into squares
- 2 stalks of leeks, cut into 2″ long pieces
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 2″ long pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 piece red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 piece green bell pepper. cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
- 2 cups chicken stock (broth)
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
- 4 tablespoons of corn oil or vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- In a big pan or wok, sauté garlic, onions then add in the pork. chicken liver and gizzard. Add 1 cup of stock, pinch of salt and simmer for 15 minutes or until pork and chicken giblets are cooked.
- Mix in the shrimp then all the vegetables. Add the remaining 1 cup of stock, patis and the dissolved cornstarch. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are done. Add the sesame oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with rice.
Easy Related Posts
Tipid Ulam: Kalabasa with Lucky Me Noodles
https://youtu.be/o3ao0AfTIqo Ingredients: ¼ kilo of Kalabasa 1 pc. Maggi Noodles 1 cup of Water 1 ...read more
Pinalatik Na Malunggay with Tulingan
https://youtu.be/NGCbASClmL0 Ingredients: 1 kilo of Inihaw na Tulingan(fish) 2 cups Coconut Milk 5 cups of Malunggay ...read more
Bola bola Sardines with Malunggay
https://youtu.be/24Um6JRMdjA Ingredients: Sardines 1 cup Malunggay/Moringa leaves Ginger Onion Garlic Egg ½ cup Flour 1 tbsp. ...read more
How to Make Atsara Recipe
https://youtu.be/ipS9aHd-ELU Ingredients: 1 big Papaya (Grated) 1 big Carrot (strips) 100 grams Ginger (slice) 1 big ...read more