- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- pinch of red pepper flakes, if wanted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 large chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs), cut into 1 1/2″ pieces
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Canola oil, for frying (2″ of oil in a skillet)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the honey, soy sauce, water, sesame oil, red pepper flakes (if using) and vinegar. Whisk and bring to a boil. In a separate bowl stir together the cornstarch and water. Once the mixture is boiling, while continuing to whisk, slowly add the cornstarch mixture. Bring back to a boil and then turn down to simmer (low heat) for 10 minutes.
- If you are still frying your chicken, just leave the sauce on the low heat to keep it warm. If it starts to get too thick just add water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Don’t thin it out too much. It should be a thick sauce but not heavy thick.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep skillet pan oven over medium high heat (I do a 6 on my stove top). In a dish, mix the flour and spices. Toss the chicken (about 15 pieces at a time) in the flour, then the buttermilk and then back into the flour. Once the oil is hot cook the chicken, turning occasionally until golden and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Once all chicken batches are done put the chicken into a mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over the chicken and gently toss together until all the chicken pieces are coated.
- Serve over white or brown rice
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Chicken Adobo Recipe
https://youtu.be/jfCjgSLFPxY Ingredients: 1 kilo Chicken 1 ¼ cup Soy Sauce ½ cup Vinegar 3 tbsp. Sugar ...read more
How to Cook Canton Bihon Recipe
https://youtu.be/QiOMyu2CKOc Ingredients: ½ kilo pancit bihon ½ Canton Noodles / Egg Noodles ¼ kilo Chicken Strips ...read more
How to Cook Tinolang Manok Recipe
https://youtu.be/buJ0PyE4RUs Ingredients: 1 Kilo Chicken Garlic Onion 1/4 cup of Fish sauce Sayote or Papaya Chili ...read more
How to Cook Roasted Chicken
https://youtu.be/gaUGXorVwj8 Ingredients: Whole Chicken Lemon Grass Lemon juice Onion Garlic Chili Ginger Olive oil Fish Sauce 2 tbsp. Salt and 1 tbsp. Pepper 1 tbsp. Seasoning Powder Procedure: Wash ...read more