Craving for this dish? Well you don’t have to wait for an occasion just to taste this classic tomato-based pochero. Wait no more, and try this yourself as it is easy to cook. Pochero or puchero was originally came from Spain which means “stewpot”, or a dish cooked in tomato sauce, fried banana and other vegetables such as potatoes or sweet potatoes, leeks, chickpeas, and cabbage. The meat on the dish is separately cooked, from the banana that gives sweet flavor. The rest of the ingredients are then sautéed in garlic and onion. Pochero is a counterpart of cocido of Spain, the only difference is it lacks in colorants. However, variations exist for this dish.
The preparation differs or perhaps the ingredients. This depends according to region where it is being cooked. You may use either pork, chicken, or beef meat. Lucky you, all three are used here in this recipe that is similar to a complete version of Yucatec puchero also called puchero de tres carnes, meaning with three meats. Yet you can choose just one of which you prefer the most.
- ½ kilo chicken , cut into parts
- ½ kilo pork, cut into cubes
- 4 pieces chorizo bilbao
- ½ kilo beef, cut into cubes
- 8 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bundle onion leeks
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 5 pieces saba banana
- 5 pieces boiled potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 5 pieces boiled sweet potatoes, quartered
- 1 bundle cabbage, sliced
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Boil pork, chicken, beef, and chorizo in salted water with onion leeks.
- Let it simmer until all meat is tender then set meat aside.
- Saute garlic, onion, then pour in the stock.
- Bring to a boil then add all meat, banana, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and chickpeas.
- Season with salt and patis then add in cabbage.
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more
Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe
https://youtu.be/Z2cH4bmE-os Ingredients ½ kg ground pork 1 pc carrot 1 pc onion diced 5 cloves garlic ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more
Sizzling Crispy Pork Sisig
https://youtu.be/2yfF_xdcPQ0 Ingredients ½ kilo Pork Face ( boiled and grilled) 1 pc red chili (labuyo) 1 ...read more