Ever wanted to serve your family and friends the lusciousness of a big, indulgent serving of traditional carbonara, but worried about your health and the calories you consume? This quick and easy carbonara recipe makes use of the filling, nutritious and tasty protein found in tuna chunks instead of fattening ham or bacon, and skips the usual enriched sauce with egg yolks while still retaining its creamy goodness.
The sliced mushrooms and the hint of lemon only enhance the flavors of this delightful variation of a favorite Italian recipe. Serve a heaping plateful of this with lots of garlic bread and some parsley and grated cheese on top, for an impressive dish that’s a breeze to whip up in the kitchen even with only a limited amount of time to prepare something to eat. Sprinkle chilli flakes in for a bit of heat, if so desired.
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 cans (155 grams each) Tuna Chunks in Oil (drained, reserve oil)
- ⅓ tbsp Grated Cheddar Cheese
- ⅔ cup Canned sliced Mushroom
- 4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Grated Lemon Rind (optional)
- 1 pack (400 grams) Del Monte Spaghetti
- 2 pouches (200 grams each) Del Monte Carbonara Sauce
- Sauté mushrooms in butter or margarine for 3 minutes, (if using tuna with oil, include oil in sautéing). Add tuna and lemon juice, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add DEL MONTE Carbonara Sauce and pasta broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cheese and lemon rind. Pour over cooked DEL MONTE Spaghetti. Top with extra cheese if desired .
Easy Related Posts
Filipino Style Spaghetti Recipe
https://youtu.be/jh3AC4PO8Sc Ingredients: 1 kilo spaghetti pasta¼ ground Pork1 cheese3 cloves garlic1 onion1 carrot3 hotdogs½ cup sugar2 cups ...read more
How to Make Cheesy Chicken Macaroni Salad
https://youtu.be/nWpJ8kCqyaw Ingredients: 1 kilo Macaroni Pasta½ kilo Chicken breastCarrotSweet Relish PicklesRaisinSalt and PepperCheeseNestle CreamCondensed Milk1 pack Mayonnaise Procedure: Boil ...read more
Pasta with Shrimp Recipe
Ingredients: Pasta – 1/2 pound, (about 2 1/2 Cups)Reserved pasta water – 1/3 CupBelize Shrimp or ...read more
Fettuccine Alfredo with Asparagus
Ingredients: 1 pound asparagus 3/4 pound fettuccine 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces 1 cup ...read more