Filipino cuisine includes lots of dishes cooked with coconut milk, no wonder because our provinces provides wide coconut production. And to give you a recipe using this coconut milk, here is ginataang langka at daing that is creamy and delicious at the same time. Coconut milk is not as widely used in Kapampangan cuisine as it is in the Bicol region other than desserts. This dish is surely an another way to indulge with coconut milk. Ginataang langka at daing is creamy, rich in flavor, healthy and spicy. Try it on your next meal. Enjoy!
- 6 cups unripe jackfruit ( you can buy from supermarkets: peeled, seeded and sliced)
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 kilo shrimps, unpeeled (we want the flavor so we’ll leave it unpeeled and with heads intact)
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green finger chilis
- fish sauce, to taste
- In a pot, put all the ingredients, except shrimps and fish sauce.
- Cook over medium low heat.
- Cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the unripe jackfruit is cooked and tender enough.
- Add the shrimps and chilis.
- Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce.
Source: Pinoy Kitchenette
Easy Related Posts
Ginisang Sayote Recipe
https://youtu.be/hjAd55MrcEc Ingredients 2 pcs sayote ( julienne cut) 1 pc small carrot ( julienne cut) 2 ...read more
Stir Fry Okra with Salted Eggs Recipe
https://youtu.be/by1ND-ViVuw Ingredients 3 bundle of okra 1 salted egg 3 clove garlic ½ tsp. Salt and ...read more
Potato Salad Recipe
https://youtu.be/MqplGPOIf3k Ingredients Homemade Mayo Mustard Dressing (see recipes) ½ kg Potato (cut into bite size and ...read more
How to Make HOMEMADE Potato Mojos ala SHAKEYS MOJOS
https://youtu.be/zRi1MFbyYqU Ingredients 3 pcs Potato ( carefully wash and cut 1 inch thickness) 1½ pack of ...read more