It’s amazing how proper cooking and careful use of seasonings can transform any vegetable into a delicious side dish that you just may be able to convince even picky eaters to eat. Vegetables do not have to be bland or boring—there are many recipes which are absolutely amazing and become a welcome sight on the dinner table. This is one of them, and it’s a simple one.
The humble string bean is a perfect canvas that remains fresh and crunchy through sautéing—don’t cook it too long to maintain its texture and color—and absorbs plenty of flavor through a bit of oyster sauce, the additions of succulent slices of pork or pieces of shrimp, broth cubes for a more savory, meaty taste and of course, the classic combination of onions, garlic and tomatoes which combine to make one easy yet tasty plateful for the health-conscious.
- 2 to 2-1/2 cup of string beans
- 1 cup cubed pork
- 1 cup shrimp
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 to 3 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 to 3 tbsp chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 pcs beef or pork broth cubes
- Salt or fish sauce to taste
- 2 to 3 tbsp of oyster sauce
- Heat some cooking oil in a saucepan.
- Saute the garlic, onion and tomato.
- Saute the pork and let it cook.
- When the pork is cooked, put in the shrimp. Let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add the broth cubes. Let it dissolved.
- Add the string beans.
- Add the oyster sauce and give it a good mix.
- Let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season it with salt or fish sauce if needed.
- When the string beans is cooked according to your preference, then its done.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Easy Related Posts
Bola bola Sardines with Malunggay
https://youtu.be/24Um6JRMdjA Ingredients: Sardines 1 cup Malunggay/Moringa leaves Ginger Onion Garlic Egg ½ cup Flour 1 tbsp. ...read more
How to Make Atsara Recipe
https://youtu.be/ipS9aHd-ELU Ingredients: 1 big Papaya (Grated) 1 big Carrot (strips) 100 grams Ginger (slice) 1 big ...read more
Special Chopsuey Recipe
https://youtu.be/0az3hXz1plg Ingredients ¼ boneless chicken breast sliced ¼ chicken liver 1 ½ cup cauliflower 1 medium carrot sliced 12 pieces Baguio beans slice 1 piece celery 10 to 12 pieces baby ...read more
Pork Ampalaya in Oyster Sauce Recipe
Ingredients: 1 medium size pork tenderloin, about 1/2 kilo, sliced into strips1 medium to large size ampalaya, split in halves ...read more