Also known as “braised pork belly” and one of the favorite comfort food of every Filipino household. It is popular everywhere in the country, however there are different versions and names depending on where it was made. The tenderness of the meat, the sweet and salty taste, and the spices really made the dish a hit that became favorites of many. Humba is similar to adobo that has a lot soy sauce, the only difference is that humba balanced the saltiness of the soy sauce with sugar and on some, with bananas. Make this recipe the next time you and your friends or family have salo-salo or a get together. Surely they will love it especially the kids who love sweets. This recipe may surprise a little as this includes potato and hard-boiled eggs along with it. But will make your humba distinctive from anyone’s recipe. The two ingredients add more flavor to the dish, making it rich and savory.
- 1 kilo or 1 whole Pata
- ½ cup of Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup of Vinegar
- ¼ cup of Sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt, 1 tsp. Pepper and Laurel Leaves
- Slice Garlic and Onions
- 2 cups of Water
- In cooking pan add the chopped pata, add the 2 cups of water, add the slice garlic and onions, add the ½ cup soy sauce, add the ¼ cup vinegar, add the ¼ cup of sugar and salt, pepper and laurel leaves then mix and cover it and open the stove in high flame.
- Cook for 1 hour and more until the pork meat is soft.
- When is boiling adjust the fire into medium or low flame and until to cook and soft?
- Wait to slight dry and saucy and oily and soft and cook.
- Serve and Enjoy.
Easy Related Posts
Sizzling Crispy Pork Sisig
https://youtu.be/2yfF_xdcPQ0 Ingredients ½ kilo Pork Face ( boiled and grilled) 1 pc red chili (labuyo) 1 ...read more
Crispy Pata with Special Sauce
https://youtu.be/_b_A8pMRD90 Ingredients. 1 Whole Pork Leg/ Pata 2 pcs. Slice Onion 7 cloves of Slice Garlic ...read more
Giniling na Menudo (Ground Pork Menudo)
https://youtu.be/SLi-zkK4iLE Ingredients: ½ kilo of Ground Pork 1 big Carrots (Slice dice) 1 big Potato ...read more
Homemade Tocino/ Negosyo Recipe with Costing
https://youtu.be/n3M7-ogaNUo Ingredients: 1 Kilo of Pork Loin/Lomo Few of Red food Coloring 1/2 Cup Brown ...read more