- 2 tbsp. food coloring: Achuete (Orange food coloring made from egg-in Indian spice shops or just paprika mixed in warm water or Spanish paprika or annato oil if Acuete is unavailable)
- Beef (Ox tail part / just some beef stew parts will do as well)
- Beef powder/cubes
- Minced red onions
- Ripe tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon bagoong (except for seafood)
- Roasted ground rice powder
- Grounded roasted peanuts
- Some peanut butter
- Vegetables: blanched banana blossom (puso ng saging) or artichoke (plain in can-not salted or soaked in oil), Talong (cook it a bit longer till cook then ice bath), blanched string beans & pechay
- Pre-cook vegetables.
- Sear the beef with some beef powder, and cook until tender
- In a separate cooking wok, cook minced onions with ripe tomatoes in oil.
- Add the bagoong and water. When tomato skins are peeling off, add the food color (achuete / paprika mix / annato oil)
- Add in the cooked tender beef, with its soup, and add in: roasted ground rice powder, grounded roasted peanuts, some peanut butter. Mix with some water to get the consistency. Add beef powder to taste when you get the sauce consistency.
- When you add in the peanut and rice, stir/mix continuously and continue to add in water, as the mixture thickens fast. Cook well, till raw taste of mixed powders are removed.
- Add in the pre-cooked vegetables: blanched banana blossom (puso ng saging) or (plain in can-not salted or soaked in oil).
- Add in the pre-cooked vegetables: Talong (cook it a bit longer till cook then ice bath), blanched string beans & pechay
Source: Asian Food Fusion