- 2 tbsp. food coloring: Achuete (Orange food coloring made from egg-in Indian spice shops or just paprika mixed in warm water or Spanish paprika or annato oil if Acuete is unavailable)
- Beef (Ox tail part / just some beef stew parts will do as well)
- Beef powder/cubes
- Minced red onions
- Ripe tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon bagoong (except for seafood)
- Roasted ground rice powder
- Grounded roasted peanuts
- Some peanut butter
- Vegetables: blanched banana blossom (puso ng saging) or artichoke (plain in can-not salted or soaked in oil), Talong (cook it a bit longer till cook then ice bath), blanched string beans & pechay
- Pre-cook vegetables.
- Sear the beef with some beef powder, and cook until tender
- In a separate cooking wok, cook minced onions with ripe tomatoes in oil.
- Add the bagoong and water. When tomato skins are peeling off, add the food color (achuete / paprika mix / annato oil)
- Add in the cooked tender beef, with its soup, and add in: roasted ground rice powder, grounded roasted peanuts, some peanut butter. Mix with some water to get the consistency. Add beef powder to taste when you get the sauce consistency.
- When you add in the peanut and rice, stir/mix continuously and continue to add in water, as the mixture thickens fast. Cook well, till raw taste of mixed powders are removed.
- Add in the pre-cooked vegetables: blanched banana blossom (puso ng saging) or (plain in can-not salted or soaked in oil).
- Add in the pre-cooked vegetables: Talong (cook it a bit longer till cook then ice bath), blanched string beans & pechay
Easy Related Posts
PPT (Pork, Potato And Tomato) Recipe
Ingredients: 1/2 cup of pork belly (cut into strips) 1/4 cup of minced pork 1 ...read more
Homemade Kikiam Recipe
Ingredients: 1 kg ground pork 2 cups red onions, chopped 1/3 cup minced garlic 1 ...read more
Easy step to make Filipino Favorite Humba
Ingredients: 2 lb. bone-in pork belly (the cut of pork should be part lean meat, ...read more
Easy step to make All time Favorite Adobong Baboy Na Tuyo
Ingredients: 500g pork liempo, cut into 2-inch chunks 2 tbsp. oil 3-4 cloves garlic 200g ...read more