Filipinos are fund of eating soup or noodles, be it using spoon and fork, or even sometimes with chopsticks. That’s why there are variety of soup and noodle in the Philippine cuisine, making stomachs warm during cold seasons. Well, this trait of fan of eating noodles is one of the culture we inherited from the Chinese. And at this days, we have our own version and way on cooking noodle soup, one good example is this famous Bachoy. You may have seen Bachoy in commercials of noodles manufacturers, but you will not get enough from its artificial flavor. Nothing is more savory than making yourself your own bachoy in your home.
it is a noodle soup that originated in the district of La Paz, Iloilo City, that is why here in the Philiippines it is often called La Paz Batchoy. A type of noodle soup made with pork organs such as liver, spleen, kidneys and heart. Others include crushed pork craklings, chicken stock, beef loin and round noodles or what some called mami noodles. This noodles are very similar to spaghetti noodles but a bit more finer. You can satisfy your crave for warm, tasty soup in one of your cold dinner with this recipe, so try it and enjoy!
- 1 kilo mami noodles
- 1 medium size onion, quartered
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. shrimp paste (bagoong)
- 1 tbsp. peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 10-12 c. beef/pork stock
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- salt to taste
- 250 g. pork
- 150 g. pork liver
- 150 g. shrimps
- 1 pc. chicken breast
- chicharon, crushed
- chopped garlic,fried
- chopped spring onion
- In a large pot, pour in 10-12 c. of stock (from boiled beef and pork bones) and add all broth ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and blanch shrimp until cooked.
- Remove shrimp from the pot, remove shell and head each shrimp, set aside.
- Add in pork, chicken and liver in the pot, let simmer for 25 minutes or until pork, chicken and liver are tender add more stock if necessary.
- Remove pork, chicken and liver from the pot, drain and let cool.
- Continue simmering the broth in low heat until ready to serve, season with salt to taste.
- Slice the pork, chicken and liver into thin strips and set aside.
- Place noodles in serving bowl and pour strained boiling stock over the noodles. Top with pork, chicken, liver, shrimp.
- Garnish with chicharon, spring onion and fried garlic.
- Serve immediately.
Easy Related Posts
How to Make PUTONG BIGAS
https://youtu.be/Shn6SqCqx5k INGREDIENTS: 4 cups of rice flour 1 and 1/2 cups of white sugar 2 tsp ...read more
How to Make Kalabasa Dunot Recipe (Healthy Meryenda)
https://youtu.be/LFpiJtsZ1zk Ingredients: ½ whole slice of Kalabasa 1 cup of Powder milk 1 cup Sugar 2 ...read more
Nilupak na Saging na may Royal Soda at Peanut Butter
https://youtu.be/nVl7cnl-r4Y Ingredients. 30 pcs Boiled Saba (Banana) 1/4 kg Sugar 1 bottle Royal Soft drinks 1/4 ...read more
3 in 1 Kopiko PUTO Recipe
https://youtu.be/63jDjJ6RTmM Ingredients 2cups All-Purpose Flour 1 cup Sugar 1½ Tsp Baking Soda 1 Tsp Baking Powder ...read more