For the leche flan layer:
1/2 cup brown sugar (for the caramel)
8 egg yolks
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup condensed milk
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
For the ube layer:
3/4 cup ube halaya
3 whole eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp iodized salt
Make the caramel:
1. Let the brown sugar caramelize in a cake pan over medium heat. Swirl the pan to distribute evenly. Set aside.
Make the leche flan layer:
2. Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Put some calamansi peels to the egg yolks in order to remove the stench from them.
3. Add the white sugar, condensed milk, and evaporated milk. Mix well then set aside.
Make the ube layer:
4. In another mixing bowl, put the eggs then beat.
5. Add the white sugar and vegetable oil. Mix well.
6. Add the ube halaya then mix well. We recommend to use electric hand mixer for this step.
7. Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well then set aside.
Combining the mixtures:
8. Pour the leche flan mixture to the cake pan with caramel. Don’t forget to filter out the calamansi peels by using a strainer.
9. Pour the ube mixture over the leche flan mixture. Distribute the mixture evenly by using a spoon or spatula.
10. Cover the cake pan with aluminum foil. Put in the steamer.
11. Steam for 50 minutes or test if a toothpick will come out clean of the ube layer.
12. Remove the cake pan from the steamer. Put the serving dish on top of it then flip upside down so that if you remove the cake pan the caramel will be on top.
13. Get a slice then serve. Enjoy your leche ube steamed cake!
Easy Related Posts
Macaroni Salad Recipe
https://youtu.be/nWpJ8kCqyaw Ingredients 1 cup raw macaroni pasta, cooked al dente 9 ounces chicken tenders, boiled and ...read more
Avocado Graham Float De Leche / Negosyo Recipe
https://youtu.be/WMYYgkoFi1Y Ingredients: Avocado Nestle cream Small can Condensed Milk Crushed Graham Graham crackers. Leche flan Procedures: Prepare all the ingredients. Mix the nestle cream and ...read more
How to Make Coffee Pastillas / Negosyo Recipe
https://youtu.be/bpfCzdZpbz8 Ingredients: 1 cup of powdered milk 2 tbsp sugar 2 tbsp powdered sugar 2 tbsp condensed milk 1 tbsp. coffee ...read more
How to Make Mango Graham Ice Candy / Negosyo Recipe
https://youtu.be/ks08TsQVGEg Ingredients: 2 pieces Mango ½ kilo Sugar Mango Condensed Milk Evaporated Milk ¼ kilo Cornstarch 1 cup Water Graham Crushed Graham Crackers 2 Liters ...read more