Cheesecake is such a wonderful treat no matter what the occasion—while it impresses during merienda time or as a dessert after meals, it’s also luxurious enough to serve as a birthday cake or to delight people at potlucks or fiestas. Cheesecake is a rich dessert, and one that takes quite some baking time to prepare—it’s worth it though. But with this recipe, you no longer have to choose between the sweet delights of a cheesecake and the hassle of preparations in the kitchen.
This no-bake delight combines the creamy sweetness of a tangy cheesecake base with the refreshing and healthy addition of fruit cocktail—syrupy chunks of peach, pineapple and cherries which are a perfect way to cut through the biscuity and dense graham base. Thanks to the gelatin added in this mixture, you can enjoy cheesecake in a matter of hours at any time!
- 1 ½ cups Graham Cracker (crumbs, for crust)
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter (melted, for crust)
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar (for crust)
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon (for crust)
- 1 ½ tbsp Unflavored Gelatin (for filling)
- 1/3 cup Fruit Cocktail Syrup (for filling)
- 1 pack (250 ml) All-Purpose Cream (chilled, for filling)
- ¼ cup Sugar (for filling)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (for filling)
- 1 pack (225 g) Cream Cheese (softened, for filling)
- 2 tbsp Sugar (for topping)
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch (dissolved in 5 tbsp fruit cocktail syrup, for topping)
- 1 can (832 grams) Del Monte
- Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (drained , reserve syrup, for topping)
- Crust: Combine ingredients for crust. Mix well. Press evenly on the bottom of a 9” loose bottom tin pan or pie plate. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Filling: Combine gelatin and fruit cocktail syrup. Heat over low fire until gelatin is dissolved. Add ¼ cup sugar and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Topping: Heat cornstarch mixture over low heat with constant stirring until thick. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and continue stirring for 1 minute. Stir in DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Gradually, beat in all-purpose cream until well-blended. Add gelatin mixture gradually while continuously beating. Fold in 1 cup of DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail mixture. Pour over crust. Chill until set. Top with remaining DEL MONTE Fiesta FruitCocktail.