- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 ginger root, chopped and crushed
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 4-5 okras
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 2 cups of squash, cubed
- 1 ampalaya, sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 bundle of sitaw, cut by 2 ½” long
- 2 cups of water
- Bagoong isda or bagoong alamang
- cooking oil
- In a deep pan, saute garlic, add with onion.
- Add half kilo of pork into the pan and season it with salt. Saute still until pork starts to render fat and its edges turn brown.
- You may then add tomatoes and crushed ginger.
- Mix the ingredients well for a couple of minutes, pour water then bring it to a boil.
- Add slices of okra, eggplants, ampalaya, sitaw and squash.
- Season pork and vegetables with bagoong according to your taste. Mix it well and simmer until all veggies are cooked.
The classical way of cooking Pinakbet is using bagoong isda rather than bagoong alamang. You may use the latter if you choose.
Easy Related Posts
Bola bola Sardines with Malunggay
https://youtu.be/24Um6JRMdjA Ingredients: Sardines 1 cup Malunggay/Moringa leaves Ginger Onion Garlic Egg ½ cup Flour 1 tbsp. ...read more
How to Make Atsara Recipe
https://youtu.be/ipS9aHd-ELU Ingredients: 1 big Papaya (Grated) 1 big Carrot (strips) 100 grams Ginger (slice) 1 big ...read more
Special Chopsuey Recipe
https://youtu.be/0az3hXz1plg Ingredients ¼ boneless chicken breast sliced ¼ chicken liver 1 ½ cup cauliflower 1 medium carrot sliced 12 pieces Baguio beans slice 1 piece celery 10 to 12 pieces baby ...read more
Pork Ampalaya in Oyster Sauce Recipe
Ingredients: 1 medium size pork tenderloin, about 1/2 kilo, sliced into strips1 medium to large size ampalaya, split in halves ...read more