A comforting cupful that’s reminiscent of all the best elements of Chinese and Filipino cooking, molo soup is hearty—so filling that a large bowlful can be a meal on its own on a rainy day in the tropics—or serve as a delicious beginning to a wonderful meal with family and friends. First, the rich soup stock made from a native chicken, which will impart plenty of flavors and makes this recipe perfect for those who are feeling under the weather. This base is made even tastier with bay leaves and pepper, which complement the molo—those homey dumplings made from ground pork and chopped shrimp which make this cousin of the ubiquitous wonton soup quite the favorite in any household. If you have extra wrappers or eggs left in the kitchen, throw them into the soup, as they’ll add a silky, pasta-like element to it.
For soup stock:
- 1 large chicken (preferably native)
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
For Molo filling:
- 1/2 kilo ground pork
- 1/2 kilo shrimp, peeled and minced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 stalks green onion, minced
- soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- 100 pieces Molo wrappers
- 1/2 head garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, minced
- green onion, chopped
- In a large pot, put together soup stock ingredients with water.
- Simmer till chicken is tender. Remove and shred. Discard bay leaf.
- In a bowl, combine molo filling ingredients except wrappers.
- Mix very well and wrap in the mole wrappers.
- Drop in boiling soup stock.
- In a pan, saute garlic, onion and shredded chicken.
- Add to soup stock.
- Season with patis and garnish with chopped green onion.
- Serve with biscocho. 10 portions.
H/T: Filipino Food
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Canton Bihon Recipe
https://youtu.be/QiOMyu2CKOc Ingredients: ½ kilo pancit bihon ½ Canton Noodles / Egg Noodles ¼ kilo Chicken Strips ...read more
How to Make Original Puto Kutsinta Recipe
https://youtu.be/IJL-Th4qG6A Ingredients: 2 cups Cassava Flour 2 cups Flour 3 cups water 2 1/2 cups Brown ...read more
No Bake Banana Cake with Goya Chocolate
https://youtu.be/bfNpR9OQFdk Ingredients: ripe bananas (lakatan) 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup brown sugar 1 teaspoon baking ...read more
How to Make Pichi – Pichi
https://youtu.be/Lso--MoTwdA Ingredients: 3 cups grated cassava 2 cup sugar 5 pandan leaves 4 cups water 1 ...read more