- ½ kg freshwater shrimp, peeled
- salt and pepper to taste
- meat of 4 coconuts, grated
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 6 cloves garlic
- a few pieces of siling labuyo
- 20 to 25 fresh gabi leaves (should be intact with no holes)
- kitchen string to tie each pinangat
- 6-8 stalks of tanglad (lower white portions only), smashed
- 3 to 4 cups thin coconut milk
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 stalks tanglad (lower white stalks), smashedsalt and pepper
- 3 to 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- Combine the shrimp, grated coconut, onion, ginger, garlic and siling labuyo and chop them together using a large knife or cleaver until the mixture looks like cornmeal. Wrap 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mixture in two (overlapping) gabi leaves and tie each with a coconut midrib or kitchen string.
- Line a heavy-bottom pot with the smashed tanglad and arrange the pinangat pieces on top. Pour the thin coconut milk over the pinangat.
- Cover the pot and simmer over low heat, shaking it once in a while to prevent burning. The pinangat is done when the gabi leaves are already soft or when all of the thin coconut milk has evaporated.
- While the pinangat is cooking, boil in a separate saucepan the thickcoconut cream, garlic, shallots and tanglad. Season with salt and simmer until the mixture thickens. Sprinkle the spring onions on top and remove from heat. To serve, arrange the pinangat in a plate and top with the sauce.
Easy Related Posts
Crunchy Sardines Roll Recipes
https://youtu.be/DfHLHTdSOko Ingredients: 2 Sardines Bread Crumbs ½ cup Flour Egg Oil 1 tsp. Salt, Pepper and ...read more
How to cook Sweet N Sour Fish Recipe
https://youtu.be/XwzJBlZoCBo Ingredients: Fish Ginger Onion Garlic ¼ cup Tomato Ketchup 2 tbsp. Vinegar Sugar Salt and ...read more
Pinangat na Galunggong sa Palayok Recipe
https://youtu.be/RdasoFKu7Xs Ingredients: 1 kilo of small Galunggong fish 1/2 head garlic, crushed 2-3 thumb size ginger ...read more
Ginataang Hipon with Malunggay at Sitaw at Kalabasa
https://youtu.be/-sRIsD6zGzk Ingredients: 2 cups pure coconut milk 2 cups of Kakang – gata 1 cup Malunggay 20 php. Kalabasa slice ...read more