- ½ kg freshwater shrimp, peeled
- salt and pepper to taste
- meat of 4 coconuts, grated
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 6 cloves garlic
- a few pieces of siling labuyo
- 20 to 25 fresh gabi leaves (should be intact with no holes)
- kitchen string to tie each pinangat
- 6-8 stalks of tanglad (lower white portions only), smashed
- 3 to 4 cups thin coconut milk
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 stalks tanglad (lower white stalks), smashedsalt and pepper
- 3 to 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- Combine the shrimp, grated coconut, onion, ginger, garlic and siling labuyo and chop them together using a large knife or cleaver until the mixture looks like cornmeal. Wrap 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mixture in two (overlapping) gabi leaves and tie each with a coconut midrib or kitchen string.
- Line a heavy-bottom pot with the smashed tanglad and arrange the pinangat pieces on top. Pour the thin coconut milk over the pinangat.
- Cover the pot and simmer over low heat, shaking it once in a while to prevent burning. The pinangat is done when the gabi leaves are already soft or when all of the thin coconut milk has evaporated.
- While the pinangat is cooking, boil in a separate saucepan the thickcoconut cream, garlic, shallots and tanglad. Season with salt and simmer until the mixture thickens. Sprinkle the spring onions on top and remove from heat. To serve, arrange the pinangat in a plate and top with the sauce.
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Calamares Express Recipe
https://youtu.be/YVwSc-byAjk Ingredients: 1 kilof of Squid 2 pcs. Slice Tomato 2 pcs. Chili finger 1 pc. ...read more
Pinalatik Na Malunggay with Tulingan
https://youtu.be/NGCbASClmL0 Ingredients: 1 kilo of Inihaw na Tulingan(fish) 2 cups Coconut Milk 5 cups of Malunggay ...read more
Bola bola Sardines with Malunggay
https://youtu.be/24Um6JRMdjA Ingredients: Sardines 1 cup Malunggay/Moringa leaves Ginger Onion Garlic Egg ½ cup Flour 1 tbsp. ...read more
Tuna Siomai Recipe
https://youtu.be/IwAavYFEA1U Ingredients: San Marino tuna in can Carrot Onion 3 cloves Garlic Celery or Kinchay Egg ...read more