Who can resist the soft chicken meat that’s so tender that it falls off the bone? What more if it is indulge with the rich creaminess of coconut sauce? This Pininyahang Manok sa Gata will give your taste buds a satisfying experience of tenderness of chicken simmered in the creaminess of coconut milk and at the same time the sour flavor of pineapple. A contrast to the thick and silky coconut sauce, the pineapple chunks add the touch of sour tropical flavor. While the chicken absorbs this readily and retains its moisture, it is an incredibly decadent yet healthy mouthful. Thanks to the potatoes, tomatoes, bell peppers and carrots that go into recipe to add flavorful shots and spices. Remember to not to cook the vegetables for too long so that they stay a bit crunchy as a counterpoint to the tender chicken. One simple tip to keep the coconut milk thick and avoid curdling up from the heat of the pan is to keep on stirring the sauce. So here it is, a satisfying coconut milk dish with chicken and pineapple. Enjoy!
- 1 whole chicken cut in serving pieces
- 1 can coconut milk
- 12 oz pineapple chunks
- 1 cup (juices from pineapple chunks can)
- 2 medium potatoes cut in bite size
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 small carrot cut in bite size
- 1 red or green bell pepper cut in cubes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- fish sauce to taste
- pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Marinate chicken in pineapple juice for 30 minutes to 3 hours.
- After marinating drain the chicken and save the juices.
- Add cooking oil to a preheated pan. Sear the chicken in batches until the outer parts turn light brown.
- Add the onion, garlic, and tomatoes. Season with fish sauce and pepper. Stir until soft and fragrant.
- Pour marinating juices and coconut milk in. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over medium low heat for at least 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Stir occasionally to avoid curdling.
- When tender, add the potatoes and carrots. Simmer for at least 10 minutes until partially tender.
- Lastly, add the pineapple chunks and the red bell pepper. Stir and simmer for a few minutes. Turn off heat.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!
Recipe Source here
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Original Filipino Chicken Adobo without Vinegar
https://youtu.be/7MwjGM0SpXw Ingredients ½ kilo of chicken ¼ cup soy sauce 3 pcs. Calamansi juice ½ cup ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more
Coca- Cola Chicken Wings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKKpR3K0TH4 Ingredients. 500 ml coca cola 1 kilo of Chicken wings 1⁄4 cup soy sauce ...read more
Salted Egg Chicken Wings
https://youtu.be/0itCyCPoP3E Ingredients. 2 pcs Salted Egg Half lemon squeezes 1/2 tsp Salt, Sugar, Pepper and Seasoning ...read more