- 100 gms lean pork, preferably menudo cut, sliced thinly (about 1 1/2 inches in length)
- 100 gms pork liver, sliced like the pork meat
- 300 gms chicken soup pack, or chicken stock
- 100 gms small shrimps (can be tagunton, or river shrimps), shelled, reserve the heads
- 100 gms fresh squid, cleaned and sliced
- a few squidballs, orlian, chicken balls, fish balls (optional), quartered
- a pack of thick miki noodles (about 1/4 kg)
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 100 gms snow peas, ends trimmed
- a stalk of celery, sliced thinly
- garlic and onion, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- Wash the chicken soup pack and saute in garlic and onion. Sprinkle salt or a dash of patis and white pepper. Turn sides. When the chicken has turned brown on all sides, add about eight cups of water, cover and bring to a boil.
- Alternatively, just put the chicken in a pan of water and bring to a boil, this way less cooking oil is used. After about 15 minutes, turn off fire and scoop out chicken to let cool. Flake chicken meat and discard skin and bones.
- If using stock just bring to a boil in a pan of water. Put the shrimp heads in a mortar, pour 2 tablespoons of the soup stock, and pound. Pour back the soup, sieving the shrimp heads. Repeat for about two to three more times.
- Heat a little cooking oil in a pan, and saute garlic and onions. Stir fry the pork, liver, squid, shrimps and balls for about three minutes. Transfer to the pan of soup stock and bring to a boil.
- Wash the noodles then put into the boiling pan. Put in the flaked chicken.
- Boil on medium to high heat for about three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put in carrots, snow peas and celery. After about a minute, pour the egg, and stir in the soup until it sets. Serve immediately.
- Serve with sliced kalamansi, fried garlic, sliced spring onion, and patis (fish sauce).
Source: Lutong Pinoy
Easy Related Posts
Fluffy Steam Milo Cheese Puto
https://youtu.be/Hlg1F1oeEvY Ingredients: 3 pcs. Sachet Milo Powder 3 pcs. Egg separate the white and egg ...read more
How to Cook Canton Bihon Recipe
https://youtu.be/QiOMyu2CKOc Ingredients: ½ kilo pancit bihon ½ Canton Noodles / Egg Noodles ¼ kilo Chicken Strips ...read more
Milo Turon Recipe
https://youtu.be/u0DZPQtHx4g Ingredients: 5 – 10 pcs. Banana 1 Sachet Milo 10 – 20pcs. Lumpia Wrapper Oil ...read more
No Bake Banana Cake with Goya Chocolate
https://youtu.be/bfNpR9OQFdk Ingredients: ripe bananas (lakatan) 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup brown sugar 1 teaspoon baking ...read more