- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 kg Pork Kasim (cut into chunks)
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Tausi (without brine)
- 4 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 pc Laurel
- ½ tsp Peppercorn
- 3 pc Star Anise
- ½ liter Water
- ¼ cup Del Monte Red Cane Vinegar
- 3 pouches (115 grams each) Del Monte Pineapple Tidbits
- 1 pouch (115 grams) Del Monte Original Style Tomato Sauce
- In a casserole, cook sugar and pork in oil until sugar has caramelized. Add tausi and garlic and cook for few minutes or until meat is slightly brown.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, laurel, peppercorn star anise, and Del Monte Tomato Sauce. Do not stir until it simmers.
- Add water and pineapple syrup. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits. Simmer for 2 minutes.