One of the Filipino favorite dish is pork caldereta. This is a tomato based stew dish that composed of cubed pork ham or belly, potato, carrots, tomato sauce, liver spread and other vegetables. One good tip, the secret in preparing a good pork kaldereta is all in the meat. Simply make sure to use high quality meat because this can make or break the outcome of your dish. It was also recommend the use of liver spread because it will make your kaldereta stand out. Generally, a true caldereta includes liver spread or liver paste as one of its ingredients. Also, green olives can make your dish a nice sour flavor that will compliment well with the other ingredients. Though, you can do it without it, but it is way better if you have. Try this pork caldereta on your next meal.
- 1/2 kilograms pork cut into cubes or serving pieces
- 3 pieces potato, cut into cubes
- 3 pieces carrot, cut into cubes
- 2 pieces green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon msg to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt (just add to your taste preference)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Saute garlic, onions until browned.
- Add the pork (you can used pork belly, loin, or ribs) stir fry until browned.
- Add soy sauce, pepper, salt, msg and black ground pepper mix together.
- Add the tomato paste then add water(mix well) and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add potato, carrots, green and red bell pepper, brown sugar and coconut milk then stir well and simmer for another 15- 20 minutes until the meat and other ingredients are tender (under mediumheat).