If you are looking for a colorfum, but tasty blend of dish for dinner, menudo recipe is the best choice for you. Commonly found on carinderias or turo-turo menu around the Philippines. Also on celebratory feast, this dish is something that you should not miss. It may be in same name with a Mexican dish, but the Filipino menudo is not made with tripe and red chili sauce. The Philippine version is made of garlic, onions, tomato, sliced pork and liver as main ingredients, and vegetables, such as diced potato, carrots, bell peppers, thus the vibrant colour once served. To enhance its flavor, seasoning such as soy sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce, salt and pepper are usually used. Hotdogs are also a common ingredient. Yet, menudo varies by adding extra flavors from other spices and vegetables. Others add in green peas and raisins, which give out that sweet taste in the dish, while others put fresh tomatoes over canned sauce. Some people who are not into liver because of its strong flavor or smell prefer sautéing the liver first in minced ginger, hence making it more gratifying to eat. Atsuete and paprika can also be used for added colours. This is just a matter of frying and mixing of the ingredients, and then, there you are, you have yourself a menudo. Quick and easy.
- ? kilo pork tenderloin (cut into chunk cubes)
- ? kilo pork liver (cut into cubes)
- 4 pieces chorizo Bilbao (sliced to the same size aspork)
- 1 big red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 big green bell pepper (diced)
- 3 big potatoes (peeled, diced and deep fried)
- 1?-cup chickpeas
- ? -cup raisins
- ? teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 cup stock or water
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon atsuete oil
- 1 small head of garlic (minced)
- 1 medium size onion (diced)
- 2 big tomatoes (diced)
- ? cup grated cheese
- In a casserole, heat cooking oil and atsuete oil.
- Saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes.
- Add in pork chunks, pork liver, chorizo bilbao, bellpepper, Spanish paprika andstock.
- Simmer until pork is tender.
- Add in potatoes, chickpeas, and raisins.
- Season to taste.
- Finish grated cheese.
- Serve hot
Easy Related Posts
Pork Pata Kare – Kare Recipe
https://youtu.be/h_oK-K_G6JI Ingredients 1 whole pork pata 1 pc. puso ng saging 2 bunches pechay 12 pcs. ...read more
Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe
https://youtu.be/Z2cH4bmE-os Ingredients ½ kg ground pork 1 pc carrot 1 pc onion diced 5 cloves garlic ...read more
Sizzling Crispy Pork Sisig
https://youtu.be/2yfF_xdcPQ0 Ingredients ½ kilo Pork Face ( boiled and grilled) 1 pc red chili (labuyo) 1 ...read more
Crispy Pata with Special Sauce
https://youtu.be/_b_A8pMRD90 Ingredients. 1 Whole Pork Leg/ Pata 2 pcs. Slice Onion 7 cloves of Slice Garlic ...read more