This recipe is a close cousin of the famed pollo iberico. A garlicky recipe that makes use of the classic combination of black pepper, whole gloves of garlic and lots of luscious, slightly fruity olive iol to imbue the best part of the chicken which is the thighs, with plenty of flavor. This dish will also take you to the flavors of Southern France by adding butter and herbes de Provence that gives richness and fragrant twist. This is flavored with the taste of chicken and the herbs. A perfect viand, one delicious carb serving that can easily be substituted with rice. Or perhaps you may try getting yourself some toasted buttery garlic bread. A savory and delicious dish you should surely put on your recipes especially on your next meal. So why satisfy your yearning for a meal from unhealthiest fast food, if you can make yourself one that is healthy.
- 8 chicken thighs
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head garlic, separated into whole cloves, papery skin removed (about 20 cloves)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Salt and pepper liberally and allow to temper on a cutting board while you prepare the garlic.
- In a large ovenproof saute pan over medium heat, cook the whole garlic cloves in olive oil and butter, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Remove the garlic from the pan and set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium high and brown the chicken skin-side down until the skin is golden and crispy, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over, sprinkle on herbes de Provence.
- Add the garlic back to the pan and place hot pan in oven. Bake the chicken until cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done, remove chicken thighs and garlic to a platter. Place the pan over medium-high heat and sprinkle the drippings with flour and stir to incorporate. Deglaze the pan with the stock and lemon juice. *
- Pour the sauce over the chicken on the platter and serve with bread for sauce-mopping and garlic-spreading.
Some tips for the gravy:
- Make sure the drippings are heated thoroughly before adding flour, followed by the stock and lemon juice.
- Depending on how much drippings your chicken produced, you may want to add butter to the drippings and heat thoroughly before adding the flour.
Recipe Source here
Easy Related Posts
Homemade Chicken Inasal
https://youtu.be/P71kkdbOrw8 Ingredients. 1 kg of chicken (leg and thigh, wings) 1/4 cup ketchup ¼ cup soy ...read more
https://youtu.be/r3RBrnSQ80Y Ingredients. Chicken wings cut into half. Flour for breadings 2 pcs calamansi 1 tbsp salt ...read more
Special Arroz Caldo
https://youtu.be/Gs9h5-O2rPs Ingredients: Chicken meat 1 1/2 cup Rice 1 pc onion 5 cloves garlic 2 thumbs ...read more
How to Make Roasted Chicken with Seafood Stuffings
https://youtu.be/y1Sla7kV0FE Ingredients Whole Chicken Seafood mix (7 pcs of Shrimp and 1 pc crab) Half lemon ...read more