Eggs have many ways of cooking, starting from simple fried, omelet, as sandwich spread, or perhaps a soup. Like for instance, this Sipo Egg recipe that is originally made from Pampanga. Sipo Egg is one of the popular Kapampangan dish that is made from quail eggs, peas, carrots and cream. However, variation of this recipe includes shrimps and diced ham to add richness to flavor. You can also make a healthy version of Sipo Egg, just add medley of vegetables. This will enhance the tastiness of the creamy sauce. it is much more than sufficient to please so it is often enjoy prepared even without meat or seafood. The sipo egg is satisfying alone. So take this recipe whenever you don’t feel like eating meat or sea foods again and again. Take this recipe as a delightful break from the usual.
- 1 lb. large shrimp, head and shell removed and deveiened
- 20 pieces boiled quail eggs
- 1 small yellow onion minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1½ cups frozen green peas
- 1 medium carrot, cubed
- ¾ cup water
- 4 ounces ham, minced (optional)
- 1 can (10 oz.) cream of mushroom
- ¾ cup water chestnut or singkamas, cubed
- ½ cup table cream or heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a cooking pan.
- Add the cooking oil.
- Once the mixture becomes hot, saute the shrimp for a minute per side.
- Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion and garlic.
- Put-in the carrot and green peas. Add the ham (this is an optional ingredient).Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the water (I used water with shrimp juice in the video).Let it boil. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the quail eggs and shrimp.Stir.
- Pour-in the cream of mushroom and table cream. Stir once more until the ingredients are well distributed.
- Add water chestnuts, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Easy Related Posts
Bola bola Sardines with Malunggay
https://youtu.be/24Um6JRMdjA Ingredients: Sardines 1 cup Malunggay/Moringa leaves Ginger Onion Garlic Egg ½ cup Flour 1 tbsp. ...read more
How to Make Atsara Recipe
https://youtu.be/ipS9aHd-ELU Ingredients: 1 big Papaya (Grated) 1 big Carrot (strips) 100 grams Ginger (slice) 1 big ...read more
Special Chopsuey Recipe
https://youtu.be/0az3hXz1plg Ingredients ¼ boneless chicken breast sliced ¼ chicken liver 1 ½ cup cauliflower 1 medium carrot sliced 12 pieces Baguio beans slice 1 piece celery 10 to 12 pieces baby ...read more
Pork Ampalaya in Oyster Sauce Recipe
Ingredients: 1 medium size pork tenderloin, about 1/2 kilo, sliced into strips1 medium to large size ampalaya, split in halves ...read more