- 1 1/2 tsp oil
- 3/4 cup onions, minced
- 1 lbs 93% lean ground beef
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 cup water
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Sauté onions in oil over medium heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine half of the sautéed onions, ground beef, ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, egg white, 1/4 cup beef broth, salt and black pepper.
- Shape into 8 oval patties.
- In a large deep skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of patties. Set aside on a dish.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet, season with salt and pepper and sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Return patties to the skillet with the mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining broth until smooth. Mix in remaining onions, tomato paste, vinegar, water, worcestershire sauce and mustard powder.
- Pour over meat and mushrooms in skillet.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over Skinny Garlic Mashed Potatoes with a vegetable on the side. Enjoy!!
Source: Skinny Taste