- 8 oz Thick Rice Noodles or Cornstarch Noodles
- 1 1/2 pound Shrimps, shelled and deveined, and cooked
- 1 1/2 pound Squid, head separated, body cleaned and sliced
- 3 tablespoons Achuete (Annato) Seeds
- 3-4 stalks Green Onions, sliced fine
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced and fried
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 5 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce or Patis
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 3-4 Eggs, boiled, shelled and cut in wedges
- 1/4 cup Cooking Oil
- Boil the noodles in a water for 2-3 minutes or until the noodles are soft but not soggy. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- In a small pan, steep the achuete seeds on the heated oil to extract the color.
- Strain, and leave 1 tablespoon oil on the pan.
- Stir-fry the shrimps and squid for 1-2 minutes, then add a teaspoon of fish sauce. Set aside.
- Using a separate pan, boil the shrimp shells with the water for 3-4 minutes, strain and dispose the shells.
- Thicken with the cornstarch mixture and add the remaining achuete oil.
- Assemble on a plate in this order :Noodles
Source: Filipino Food Recipes