Also known as Ground Meat Omelet, tortang giniling is a type of Filipino omelet wherein ground meat is sautéed with vegetables such as garlic, onions and tomatoes that are mixed directly with beaten eggs. It is not the same with the traditional omelet where eggs are folded around meats, cheeses, and vegetables. This differs because the recipe suggest cooked ground meat to be mixed in the beaten egg mixture before frying. Good for breakfast, served with garlic fried rice and dipped with banana ketchup. Kids also enjoy this dish, and so you may consider this as the next packed lunch meal at school, or perhaps your lunch at work especially when you are always on the go. Despite the easy preparation, you may find yourself challenging to flip everything and ensuring that the omelet lands in one piece. One tip if you are having some issue try getting a similar sized pan or plate then transfer the omelet there (cooked part facing down). A spatula will also be extra helpful to assist you in bringing the uncooked part of the egg back on the hot pan. You may also divide the ingredients into serving sizes and cook each one after the other; through this, flipping the omelet should come with ease. Even though you have your own versions of this dish, try this version for a refreshingly new way and taste for your favorite tortang giniling.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 pcs small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro (wansoy), chopped
- 2 pcs small red onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- banana ketchup for dipping
- Put oil on the non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add diced potatoes until golden brown in color.
- Add garlic & onions. Continue to fry until onion is cooked.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Add ground pork and cook until it’s golden brown.
- Add bell pepper and cook for one more minute.
- Add chopped cilantro (wansoy) and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Transfer cooked meat mixture into the bowl with beaten eggs.
- Combine cooked meat and beaten eggs thoroughly.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoonfuls of the meat & egg mixture in the pan.
- You can cook 3 tortas at the same time (depending on how big your pan is).
- Fry each side of the torta until golden brown.
- Repeat process until you used up all your ingredients.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
Source: HeaRty’s Haven
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Tortang Okra Recipe
https://youtu.be/2T_uDDsa7AM Ingredients: 20 pesos Okra/lady Finger 1 Small Onion 1 big Tomato 3 cloves Garlic 3 ...read more
Pansit Probinsya (Pancit Sardines) Recipe
https://youtu.be/1PJanXz5zlI Ingredients: ½ kilo of Rice noodles/Bihon 2 pcs. Sardines 1 big Onion 5 cloves of ...read more
Baked Kale Chips Recipe
Ingredients: 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon togarashi powder 1 pound ...read more
Baked Lumpia Rolls
Ingredients: 1 lb ground lean pork 1 medium carrot, chopped fine 1 medium onion, chopped ...read more